Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”)
This AUP governs the use of Shoppe Pro’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Shoppe Pro regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Shoppe Pro’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shoppe Pro hosts family friendly sites only. Shoppe Pro will not provide hosting services to sites selling any adult items. These items are defined as items that are intended for adults only, such as sex toys or adult novelty items, or sites containing items or images that are not suitable for children, and includes sales of novelty items displaying genitalia. If a site is found to add such items after purchasing hosting and/or software, Shoppe Pro holds the right to deny the use hosting services and/or site license, and will offer a refund for unused time. Any hosting customer who creates a site with the Shoppe Pro system on which adult items are displayed will be asked to remove the items or images from the site; if the items and or images will not be removed, Shoppe Pro holds the right to suspend or terminate the account until the customer removes the adult items from the site. You may not publish or transmit via Shoppe Pro’s service any content that Shoppe Pro reasonably believes:
- adult content, including but not limited to, sex toys, or content which should not reasonably be viewed by children.
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography; family friendly sites only please.
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health,
- compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Shoppe Pro; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Shoppe Pro by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via Shoppe Pro’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Shoppe Pro.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
The following represents a partial listing of activities that are prohibited when using the Service, any one of which has the potential to result in account or service suspension or termination without prior or further notice. Without limitation and in no particular order, the Service may NOT be used to host, display, post, propagate, upload, download, transmit, transfer, disseminate, distribute, reproduce, sell, link to nor facilitate access to:
- Any Content or website that contains material that, in our judgment, is intended to promote illegal activities, is unlawful, threatening, obscene, abusive, harassing, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hateful or that violates any section of this Agreement;
- Any Content or website that contains private or confidential information, including, but not limited to, your or any other person’s or party’s credit card information, social security number or other national identity number, non-public telephone number, address or email address;
- Any Content or website that, in our judgment, is child pornography, child erotica, indecently depicts children, or, that poses any harm or potential harm to any child;
- Any Content or website that contains material that, in our judgment, is pornographic, sexually explicit, obscene or violent in nature;
- Any Content or website that promotes, encourages or engages in terrorism, violence against people, animals, or property;
- Any Content or website that is designed or used to hack or break into remote systems;
- Any Content or website that is setup to function as an open http proxy;
- Any Content or website that is designed or used to commit or facilitate any “phishing” attack;
- Any Content or website that contains any malware, including, but not limited to, software viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, impair or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or other device or equipment;
- Unsolicited or bulk email (SPAM), including, but not limited to, using the Service’s SMTP service or mail script to send out SPAM over our networks or other systems with a message referencing their website. SPAM is defined in paragraph (C)(3)(c). Our definition of SPAM is different than the CAN-SPAM Act, please read it;
- “Snowshoe spamming” (which, generally, is an abusive technique used to send SPAM from a variety of IP addresses in an effort to spread out the SPAM load);
- Any Content or website that is, in our judgment, designed to function as a farming bitcoin, bitorrenting, pirated software website or illegal or unlicensed software or ‘warez’ website;
- Any Content or website that is, in our judgment, designed to function as a “Tor relay” service or website;
- Any Content or website that contains URL shortener validation software;
- Any Content or website that contains or facilitate access to any material that is prohibited by Shoppe Pro;
- Any Content or website that contains content that infringes on any right of any person or party, including, but not limited to a person’s or party’s right to privacy or intellectual property rights;
- Any Content or website that, in our judgment, is designed or used to exploit, extract or otherwise gather any content or information from any Shoppe Pro database, including, but not limited to, incorporating data from any Shoppe Pro database into any email or “white-pages” products or services, whether browser-based, based on proprietary client-site applications, web-based, or otherwise;
- Any Content or website that, in our judgment, is designed or used to reverse engineer, hack into, invade or otherwise gain unauthorized access into any of our systems, communications devices or resources, or any other systems, communications devices or resources (including, but not limited to security probing activities or other attempts to evaluate the security integrity of a network or host system without permission);
Any Content or website that, in our judgment, is designed for, used to, operated as, or for purposes of topsites; IRC scripts/bots; IRCD (irc servers); proxy scripts/anonymizers; image hosting scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic); AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites; IP scanners; bruteforce programs/scripts/applications; mail bombers/spam scripts; banner-ad services (commercial banner ad rotation); file dump/Mirror scripts (similar to rapidshare); commercial audio streaming (more than one or two streams); escrow/bank debentures or bank debenture trading programs; high-yield interest programs (HYIP) or related sites; investment sites (e.g. FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme); sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permits; prime banks programs; lottery/gambling sites; MUDs/RPGs/PBBGs; hacker focused sites/archives/programs; fraudulent sites (including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com); push button mail scripts; broadcast or streaming of live sporting events (e.g. UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc); “tell a friend scripts”; anonymous or bulk SMS gateways; websites advertised via SPAM (“Spamvertised”); organization, entities or websites listed in the ROKSO database; PayDay loan sites (including any site related to PayDay loans, PayDay loan affiliate programs, etc); or mailer pro.
You are expected to treat Shoppe Pro and its staff in a respectful manner. Any violation of this policy is subject to the Terms of Service agreement section 11b. Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services. Any verbal abuse towards our staff will not be tolerated.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
Shoppe Pro has a no bulk commercial e-mail policy (over 250 emails). The reason for this is simple. In our effort to make our email hosting services as reliable as possible, we must restrict our customers from doing anything that could jeopardize the reputation of our mail servers. This tough no bulk mail policy is necessary to protect our mail servers from potential blacklisting. If an ISP or another email host detects that unsolicited or undesired email has been sent from one of our servers (even just one email out of a thousand), the server may be blacklisted—which results in email delivery delays and may cause legitimate email to be rejected. This affects all customers sending email through the mail server, not just the offending customer. If you need to send bulk mail such as newsletters, etc, we recommend utilizing free or paid services for this intended purpose such as:
Mail Chimp – http://www.mailchimp.com
Contant Contact – http://www.constantcontact.com
Your Mailing List Provider – http://www.ymlp.com
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Shoppe Pro will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers. Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Shoppe Pro network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to:
Shoppe Pro Web Hosting 4217 Fares Wall Ct. Raleigh, NC 27616
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Shoppe Pro to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Shoppe Pro to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Shoppe Pro network.
Shoppe Pro is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Shoppe Pro network. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.