Shoppe Pro Web Hosting
Acceptable Use Policy
This AUP governs the use of Shoppe Pro’s web hosting service. Violation of this AUP may result in suspension or termination of your service. In the event of a dispute between you and Shoppe Pro regarding the interpretation of this AUP, Shoppe Pro’s interpretation, in its reasonable commercial judgment, shall govern. If you have any questions regarding this AUP, contact email@example.com.
Shoppe Pro hosts family friendly sites only. Shoppe Pro will not provide hosting services to sites selling any adult items. These items are defined as items that are intended for adults only, such as sex toys or adult novelty items, or sites containing items or images that are not suitable for children, and includes sales of novelty items displaying genitalia. If a site is found to add such items after purchasing hosting and/or software, Shoppe Pro holds the right to deny the use hosting services and/or site license, and will offer a refund for unused time. Any hosting customer who creates a site with the Shoppe Pro system on which adult items are displayed will be asked to remove the items or images from the site; if the items and or images will not be removed, Shoppe Pro holds the right to suspend or terminate the account until the customer removes the adult items from the site.
You may not publish or transmit via Shoppe Pro’s service any content that Shoppe Pro reasonably believes:
- adult content, including but not limited to, sex toys, or content which should not reasonably be viewed by children.
- constitutes child pornography;
- constitutes pornography; family friendly sites only please.
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- clearly infringes on another person’s trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Shoppe Pro; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Shoppe Pro by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via Shoppe Pro’s service includes Web content, e-mail, bulletin board postings, chat, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on any Internet service provided by Shoppe Pro.
You must take reasonable security precautions. You must protect the confidentiality of your password, and you should change your password periodically.
You are expected to treat Shoppe Pro and its staff in a respecful manner. Any violation of this policy is subject to the Terms of Service agreement section 11b. Any abuse of our staff in any medium or format will result in the suspension or termination of your services. Any verbal abuse towards our staff will not be tolerated.
Bulk Commercial E-Mail
You must obtain Shoppe Pro’s advance approval for any bulk commercial e-mail, (over 50 emails) which will not be given unless you are able to demonstrate all of the following to Shoppe Pro’s reasonable satisfaction:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for soliciting consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the e-mail address for which the consent is given;
- You retain evidence of the recipient’s consent in a form that may be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and Shoppe Pro’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request.
- The body of the e-mail must describe how the e-mail address was obtained, for example, “You opted in to receive this e-mail promotion from our Web site or from one of our partner sites,” and information on how to request evidence of the consent, for example, “If you would like to learn more about how we received your e-mail address please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to easily revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the e-mail, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line. Revocations of consent are honored within 72 hours, and you notify recipients that their revocation of their consent will be honored in 72 hours;
- You must post an email@example.com e-mail address on the first page of any Web site associated with the e-mail, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your e-mail in any manner. Your e-mail must include the recipients e-mail address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the e-mail; and
- You otherwise comply with the CAN SPAM Act and other applicable law.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Shoppe Pro service, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via your Shoppe Pro service. In addition, you may not use a third party e-mail service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers.
Shoppe Pro may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements, including requesting opt-in information from a random sample of your list at any time.
You may not send any unsolicited e-mail, either in bulk or individually, to any person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Shoppe Pro’s services.
Material Protected by Copyright
You may not publish, distribute, or otherwise copy in any manner any music, software, art, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner;
- you are otherwise permitted by established United States copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
Shoppe Pro will terminate the service of repeat copyright infringers.
Copyright Infringement Notice (Digital Millennium Copyright Act)
If you believe your copyright is being infringed by a person using the Shoppe Pro network, please send your written notice of copyright infringement to:
Shoppe Pro Web Hosting
P.O. Box 36716
Tucson, Arizona 85740
Your notice must include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted words at a single site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Shoppe Pro to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Shoppe Pro to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Shoppe Pro network.
Shoppe Pro is under no duty, and does not by this AUP undertake a duty, to monitor or police our customers’ activities and disclaims any responsibility for any misuse of the Shoppe Pro network.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.