3) How to Set up Paypal with your Mal's account
There are 3 steps involved outlined below:
Step One - Create a Thank You Page
Step Two - Update your Paypal
Step Three - Mals Paypal Setup
Paypal - Step One - Create a Thank You Page
Now we are going to create a "thank you" page that will direct your visitors back to your website after a successful Paypal payment has been made.
- First, log into your store admin area, click Pages, then Add New Page. (See Image #a)
- Next to Page Name, enter "thankyou" (see image #b)
- Next to Page Title, enter "Thank you for your payment!"
- Next to Show Link?, choose "No"
- In the content box, Copy and Paste the following text:
Thank you for your payment. Your transaction has been completed, and a receipt for your purchase has been emailed to you. You may log into your account at https://www.paypal.com to view details of this transaction.
- Save this page by clicking "Add".
- Make note of the page location you just created. It should be: http://www.yoursite.com/pages/thankyou.htm .
(Replace "yoursite.com" with your actual domain.
- Now follow the instructions from the Paypal Step Two - Update your Paypal account guide.
Paypal Step Two - Update your Paypal
Next we need to update your Paypal account so that it can communicate with your Mal's cart and send Payment Notifications back to the cart. This step is needed in order for your Order Notifications to be sent out, and in order for your Inventory Control and Order Tracking functions within your ShoppePro catalog to work.
FIRST THINGS FIRST: This guide assumes that you have the proper type of Paypal account - Business account with Website Payments Standard.
( If you only have a personal Paypal account, you must convert it to a Business Account and activate Website Payments Standard. Click here to upgrade your Paypal account. - there are no additional fees involved for a Business Website Payments Standard account. A Business account is required in order for your ShoppePro catalog to track inventory, and is required in order to send your order information back to your Order Tracking page in your ShoppePro store administration.
- Log into your Paypal account and under the My Account tab, click on "Profile".
- Under the Selling Preferences column, click on "Website Payment Preferences"
You will only need to worry about 2 sections on this page. Auto Return for Website Payments and Paypal Account Optional. Unless you really know what you're doing, I would not recommend messing with any other settings on this page.
- Under the Auto Return for Website Payments section, tick the box to turn ON Auto Return
- Just underneath that, enter the URL to your Thank You page you created in the previous guide Paypal - Step One - Create a Thank You Page.
- Scroll down to the Paypal Account Optional section. IF you want your customers to have the option to checkout WITHOUT having a paypal account, tick the ON button. (When PayPal Account Optional is turned on, your customers who are new to PayPal will no longer be required to create a PayPal account to complete a purchase—they will go through an alternate checkout, and will have the option to sign up afterward.)
- Click "Save" at the bottom of this page.
The next step involving blocking e-check payments is Optional, but I usually recommend you do this for this reason: When a customer pays with an e-check, the payment is marked "Pending" and payment is not actually completed until several days later when the e-check clears. During the time when the e-check is pending, you will NOT receive an Order Notification from the cart, and the Inventory level will not deplete until the Payment is completed once the e-check clears several days later. Since inventory levels do not deplete until the payment is completed, any one-of-a-kind or limited inventory items would still be marked "In Stock", so it would be possible that during the time the e-check is pending, someone else could purchase that item. For this reason, I recommend blocking any e-check payments. This means that if a customer uses their Paypal account to pay, they must have a credit card number on file in their Paypal account in the event that they do not have a sufficient Paypal balance to cover the payment.
To block e-checks, follow these steps:
- On the Profile Summary page, click on "Payment Receiving Preferences"
- On the Payment Receiving Preferences Page, check the box for "Block the following payments: Pay with eCheck for website payments....."
- Save this page.
Finally, follow the instructions on the next guide Paypal - Step Three - Mals Paypal Setup.
Paypal - Step Three - Mals Paypal Setup
A very important and vital step in getting your store online is setting up your Mal's account to accept Paypal.
- Be sure you have the proper type of Paypal account. If you only have a personal Paypal account, you must convert it to a Business Account and activate Website Payments Standard. Click here to upgrade your Paypal account. - there are no additional fees involved for a Business Website Payments Standard account. A Business account is required in order for your ShoppePro catalog to track inventory, and is required in order to send your order information back to your Order Tracking page in your ShoppePro store administration.
- Once you are sure you have a Business Paypal account, you need to visit the Mal's e-commerce account by going to:
- Enter your Login ID and password (you should have received an email with this information when your ShoppePro account was set up).
- On the first screen, hover over Cart account details, and click on Cart account details.
- Verify that your business information is correct, most importantly, your Contact email address where you want to be notified about your store orders.
- Next, click on the Cart Setup tab.
- Click Payment Methods > Paypal
- Insert your Paypal email address into the Paypal Account ID field.
- Tick the box next to Website Payments Standard
- Tick the box next to return the customer back to the cart. See the notes below...
- Check the box next to IPN - Instant Payment Notification
Leave all other fields on this page as-is unless you have been directed to do otherwise.
- Save this page. You are now done setting up Paypal to work with your ShoppePro cart!
Please be sure you have completed all three of these steps:
- Paypal - Step One - Create a Thank You page
- Paypal - Step Two - Update your Paypal account
- Paypal - Step Three - Mal's Paypal Setup