1-888-667-7750

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about optimization!

We have been looking at getting our site optimized so we show up on the first page of Google. Is that something we can do through ShoppePro, or where can we pay to get that done??

Re: Question about optimization!

The shoppepro software, uses a php include feature on your design template, those include codes are what make the software pickup your meta info. Our system allows you to enter meta info on each item, page, etc....so it is wonderful, no need to hard code tags into your template, as you add new items, the field is there to add the tags as well, so it is always updated. Also, if you need help with it, Jennifer will probably come along, from Fingerprint Boutique, she is great at seo, and super affordable....
    Arlene
    www.retroboutiques.com
    Retro, Vintage, and Antique Inspired Web Design
    Arlene

A Different Kind of Web Design!
    Now Offering Custom Web Forms, and Font Previewers..

Is this enough to get you on the first page of google??? Our web guy that we have had for a year has told us he has put in all the super coding skills to make this possible but it wasn't happening! lol

It takes a lot of work to get on the first page of google, and a long time...that for sure...it can be done, if you are vigilant about your content, keywords, meta descriptions, etc...you can't do it once and then hope for the best, it has to be ongoing...fresh content often, meta description that matches the content, good keywords (although supposedly keywords are not so important now, but I will never believe that, after all, I type a word in google and sites come up...they must have that keyword somewhere )...the great thing about this system is each category and page allows you to input the meta information pertaining to that page, not just a generic set of keywords that pertain to the whole site....for example, if you are selling pink polka dot flowers now...when you enter that item, you can put keywords and description for pink polka dot flowers for scrapbooking. Then if someone searches for pink polka dots, your site will come up. The content needs to have the same information in it as well. Its a lot of work, and I am guilty of not keeping up with my own....but those that are on the first page of google are vigilant about making seo part of their everyday tasks...
    Arlene
    www.retroboutiques.com
    Retro, Vintage, and Antique Inspired Web Design
    Arlene

A Different Kind of Web Design!
    Now Offering Custom Web Forms, and Font Previewers..

I also totally recomment Jennifer of Fingerprint Boutique! She and I are working together right now. She does a phanominal job!

How do I get in touch with Jennifer at FingerPrint Boutique?

You can contact her here http://www.fingerprintsboutique.com/ and let her know you're interested in optimization

I have an alternative to optimization. (And it's not pay per click.)

There is a montly cost for it, but it is a flat rate, and we guarantee 1st page of Google or Yahoo, 24 hours a day. No matter what. Month to month, no contract. Our clients are ususally up in about 48 hours (not 6 months!).

Optimization - like the previous replier said - takes a LOT of work. Sometimes it doesn't work, which sucks when you've spent 8 months trying to optimize your site, and it ends up no where.

Email me if you would like some more information about this, I'm always up for giving people information about what else is out there. daniellwells@gmail.com

I recommend Jennifer. She has helped me so so much with everything.

Google just made this guide also: http://www.google.com/webmasters/doc...rter-guide.pdf

It is about 26 pages and it gives some detail on how to go about doing this if you don't have the money to pay for someone to do it for you. Also, Jennifer recommends the free classes at http://www.gnc-web-creations.com/seo-optimization.htm The book is about $20. The content is very similar to the google guide. But she gives more tips on how to find keywords and use them to their full capacity.
    Lori

Thread Information