PDA

View Full Version : Changing Password

AC
08-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Hello! I'm so happy to be over here. Just switched to PS and I have my first question. Following instructions per my Welcome Email, I have re-created my email account (from another company) to PS and have transferred my domain name servers to PS. I guess I am "propagated" already as I was able to see my new site on the internet. SO, now I need to change my admin password as suggested in my Welcome Email. I want to make sure I'm changing my admin password and NOT my CPanel password (which I've read is a big no-no). Can someone point me in the right direction please? I did finally find where I could change my password but by the time I got there I wasn't sure if I was in the right place (in the admin part and not the cpanel part). I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up on my very first day! Thx so much ~ AC

retroboutiques
08-09-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi there and welcome,
Yes, you were in the right place, change it from your admin and you will be fine!

AC
08-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Thank you. I did try at
"https://www.shoppepro.com/support/clientarea.php?action=changepw"
but kept getting this message
# Your existing password was not correct #
so I've submitted a support ticket.

I'm also getting someone else's site when I try looking at mine. Sometimes it comes up correctly "thelinenlavoir.com" but it appears to depend on which of the basic templates I'm trying out because other times, I'm ending up at "Baby Chic Boutiques" site. I think that was the name...

Also, my email is now not working correctly. Ugh ~ I really do bumble about for awhile when I'm new at something but can't figure out what's wrong. I decided to switch over to Shoppe Pro the day before Karina was going on vacation so I've been waiting for her return. I guess in all my excitement to finally get going I messed something up... ::)

ShoppePro
08-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Thank you. I did try at
"https://www.shoppepro.com/support/clientarea.php?action=changepw"
but kept getting this message
# Your existing password was not correct #
so I've submitted a support ticket.

I'm also getting someone else's site when I try looking at mine. Sometimes it comes up correctly "thelinenlavoir.com" but it appears to depend on which of the basic templates I'm trying out because other times, I'm ending up at "Baby Chic Boutiques" site. I think that was the name...

Also, my email is now not working correctly. Ugh ~ I really do bumble about for awhile when I'm new at something but can't figure out what's wrong. I decided to switch over to Shoppe Pro the day before Karina was going on vacation so I've been waiting for her return. I guess in all my excitement to finally get going I messed something up... ::)

Hi AC,

Are you just trying to change your Store Admin password? You can do that by going to your store admin http://www.yourdomain.com/storeadmin/ log in with the default password and at the lower right corner you should see where you can change your storeadmin password.

What trouble are you having with your email? Is there something I can help you with there?

Also, regarding where you said "so I've submitted a support ticket", I didn't get that ticket if you submitted one. I just went ahead and sent you a Client Area Details Reminder to the address we have on file for you. Hope we have the right email address for you.

If there's anything else I can do for you just let me know. Thanks!

AC
08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi Karina: Thx for getting back to me so quickly. Haven't been able to reply right away as I've had my PC off most of the time. Way too much lightening in this state. First week I moved here, my PC got zapped and crashed so I now have to keep things turned off and go hide in the closet!

Anyway, yes, the other person's name is gone and my email is correct (although I am going to change the name). I've saved your instructions about how to get add'l names under the template drop down menu. I'll hold off on that until I'm feeling a little braver and more comfortable with things. :o

I do have this weird little icon on my desktop now but I'll try to figure out what that's about on my own. If I can't I'll open up a new post. Thx again ~ Astrid