PDA

View Full Version : I want to come to shoppe pro, but what about my rankings?

OhSoChicBoutique
07-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Good day ladies,

I am interested in moving my site (http://www.ohsochicboutique.com ) over to ShoppePro. My primary concern is how a move will impact my current rankings. I've finally achieved a google pagerank, and just recently within the past 2 weeks, have started showing up on page 1-2 for my desired keywords. Will the switch over hurt me?

ladymeinking
07-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Hi there,

Switching web hosts will only affect your Page Ranks if your URLs change. I see that you are using .asp extensions, whereas Shoppe Pro uses .htm. Honestly, .htm extensions are far better for SEO, as they are static URLs as opposed to dynamics. The search engines crawl dynamic URLs, but prefer static right now. Also, your most powerful tool is your URL. With .asp extensions, your URLs are just a jumble of letters and numbers. With .htm extensions, your product and category titles actually appear in the URLs, which means a better chance at being at the top for your search terms.

I don't see Google PageRanks on the pages that would be affected, so now is the time to switch... when it will have as little impact as possible. Your home page URL would not change, so that page rank should not be affected.

It's hard to tell how your meta tags will be affected, but as long as you are using proper SEO techniques, even if you did experience a drop in search engine rankings, you should bounce back fairly quickly. I do see that your SEO techniques could use a lot of improvement. So, if you start building your SEO immediately after making a switch, you only stand to benefit. I hope that answers your question.

Caps Creations
07-26-2008, 04:01 AM
OhSoChicBoutique can you share how you have been able to rank on page 1-2 within Google for your desired keywords. Is there any one thing that you have done that has really helped you!