PDA

View Full Version : Moving Product Across

Ribbons
05-26-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi all. We have a website currently with another host. We are most likely going to change across to Shoppe Pro for hosting and for the CMS but just need to hear from our web design person to finalise details. While I'm waiting for that, I do have new product which needs to be uploaded to our existing site.

My question is this - Will existing products on the site come across when we move over to Shoppe Pro or am I going to need to re-enter everything? I have loads of work on already so don't want to create even more by uploading these new products twice if I can help it.

I'd be grateful for any advice or assistance!

Cheers, Nicky :)

bnkane
05-27-2008, 12:20 AM
you will have to move them yourself...I copied all my items to a disk and them uploaded them pictures straight from the disk it took me a weekend to get it done. I think I have about 200+ items

ShoppePro
05-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Hi all. We have a website currently with another host. We are most likely going to change across to Shoppe Pro for hosting and for the CMS but just need to hear from our web design person to finalise details. While I'm waiting for that, I do have new product which needs to be uploaded to our existing site.

My question is this - Will existing products on the site come across when we move over to Shoppe Pro or am I going to need to re-enter everything? I have loads of work on already so don't want to create even more by uploading these new products twice if I can help it.

I'd be grateful for any advice or assistance!

Cheers, Nicky :)

I think I noticed you're currently using WAHMshoppes. Unfortunately, the systems are so different there's no way to pull them over. So you'd need to re-input them. There is a bulk upload tool. And manual product entry is much easier to do than wahmshoppes. Also, you might check out WebContessa. She does product entry and is very affordable at $20 per hour. http://www.webcontessa.com

Any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

Ribbons
05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Thanks for your replies. I was afraid you might say that!

Yes we are with WAHM at the moment and I do find it incredibly frustrating to upload product, it just takes so long! That's probably the deciding factor for me to make the move to be honest.

However, having to re-enter all the products won't be such a bad thing, it'll give me a good opportunity to make sure everything is up to date, redo pics etc and make sure old stock is deleted.

Thanks again, I'll be in touch once I hear back from our web design guru.

Cheers :)