PDA

View Full Version : Ready to make a switch... a few questions

deer lovely
03-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Hi... I am pretty sure that I am ready to make a switch to Shoppe Pro and Mals. I have a few questions.

1. How do I know what plan to buy? I will have anywhere from 200-500 styles on my website.

2. I have an SSL Certificate... Do I need to keep it? Or will my cart say SSL certified because of Mal's SSL certificate? I know that I need a dedicated IP address for this... How much extra is that?

3. I know that I need to upgrade Mal's to use my authorize.net account. I did not see this option in shoppe pro? Is this something that I do after on my Mal's account?

Sarah

MichelleG
03-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Sarah - You should be fine with the starter plan. You can always upgrade in the future if you find you need more space.

You will no longer need your SSL as your cart (where the information needs to be secured) already has an SSL. I believe the dedicated IP is $3 per month extra.

You will upgrade through Mals once your account is set up. It's $8 a month billed quarterly.

Hope that helps!

deer lovely
03-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Hi...

Thank you this helped alot. I have a few other questions and since I noticed that you have worked on designing quite a few websites for shoppepro and mal's I thought you might be able to answer :)

1. Can you add photo's to the cart, so the client can see a small thumbnail of what they are buying when they check out?
2. I noticed that it takes you to a completely different URL when checking out or accepting payment on another vendors website something like ww12.aisafe.com... Is it possible to program it to stay on a url that contains your name www.yoururl.com/check? I know that this is probably a PHP programming thing, but I was wondering if it was possible. I would prefer to not direct my clients away from my site at anytime.

Thanks,
Sarah Dowdell

deer lovely
03-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Just wanted to say Thank You... I decided to sign up yesterday and I am waiting for my confirmation email that everything has been set up. Looking forward to making the changes to my business.

Sarah