PDA

View Full Version : Google Checkout! You can now accept Google Checkout through your cart!

ShoppePro
01-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Hooray!

Read the announcement here. (http://www.shoppepro.com/support//announcements/5/NEW__Google_Checkout_is_now_compatible_with_Mals.h tml)

wendyrvohn@aol.com
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
This is great Karina!!! Thanks!!!! ;)

wendyrvohn@aol.com
01-24-2009, 12:09 AM
Ok, took me about 10 minutes (I'm slow, lol) but I think I did it!!

ShoppePro
01-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Woo hoo Wendy! Looks like you did it! :) Let us know how you like it okay?

wendyrvohn@aol.com
01-24-2009, 12:26 AM
I did didn't I? Hopefully I did eMals right too!!!

ShoppePro
01-24-2009, 12:29 AM
FYI for anyone who's interested, you can place a Google Checkout Logo on your site... Here's the info:

Credit Card, Paypal, Google Checkout Logo instructions (http://www.shoppepro.com/support/knowledgebase/80/Where_can_I_find_Credit_Card_Paypal_and_Google_Che ckout_logos_to_put_on_my_site.html)

GOOGLE CHECKOUT LOGOS (http://checkout.google.com/seller/acceptance_logos.html)

Pink Leopard
01-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I think I set it up right Karina ;D This is great!

wendyrvohn@aol.com
01-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Does this allow people who use Froogle/Google Base to pay for your products right there without going to your site?

ShoppePro
01-24-2009, 04:42 AM
Wendy, I think it does, but I think you might have to mark Google Checkout as a payment method on your items/feed.

Caps Creations
01-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Yay! I just set mine up too!! ;)

WordDecor-n-More
01-25-2009, 12:54 AM
OK, here is my ignorance showing through once again...if I switch to Google checkout, will I no longer offer the PayPal option? Or does ShoppePro offer the option to use either?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you!

Andrea

ShoppePro
01-25-2009, 01:04 AM
OK, here is my ignorance showing through once again...if I switch to Google checkout, will I no longer offer the PayPal option? Or does ShoppePro offer the option to use either?

Does anyone know the answer to this?

Thank you!

Andrea

You can still offer both. To pay by Paypal, they would just click "Go To Payments" or they would click Google Checkout to use Google Checkout. Like in this screen shot:

http://www.shoppepro.com/images/gco8.gif

WordDecor-n-More
01-25-2009, 02:05 AM
oh that's awesome!!!

I'm setting mine up right away!

WordDecor-n-More
01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
OK - I have another question regarding Google Checkout...on the Preferences page (under settings), it gives the option of:

1. Automatically authorizing buyer's credit card for full amount, or
2. Automatically authorizing buyer's credit card AND charge the credit card.

Do we leave it at #1 - wouldn't we want to charge it right then as well?

Also, I've looked all over but am not seeing a logo to place on our home page. Do you know where I find those?

Thanks so much!

Andrea

ShoppePro
01-25-2009, 02:56 PM
I would pick #2 for sure.

Also, this is the post a few posts up from here about the logos:
http://www.shoppepro.com/forums/index.php?topic=1676.msg8419#msg8419

WordDecor-n-More
01-25-2009, 03:01 PM
Perfect! I'm good to go - this is great!!!

Andrea

ShoppePro
01-26-2009, 04:15 AM
FYI - Just thought I'd mention that it doesn't appear that orders placed through Google Checkout are going back to the store admin. (This affects inventory and order tracking). So it looks like for orders for which you receive payment through Google checkout, you will need to manually enter those orders into the store admin if you wish to track them. Also, it won't deplete inventory levels so you'll need to manually update those too for Google Checkout orders.

WordDecor-n-More
01-27-2009, 05:27 AM
I have another Google question for you! Just received my first order which was paid through Google. However, Shoppepro is not showing it in my orders area, unlike orders paid through PayPal. Is there a delay, or will Shoppepro not show those orders? I realize I can manually add them, but was surpised it didn't show up automatically.

ShoppePro
01-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Hee hee.... read the post just above yours. :)

I have another Google question for you! Just received my first order which was paid through Google. However, Shoppepro is not showing it in my orders area, unlike orders paid through PayPal. Is there a delay, or will Shoppepro not show those orders? I realize I can manually add them, but was surpised it didn't show up automatically.

WordDecor-n-More
01-27-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh geez....guess I was already asleep when I wrote that! Sorry to waste your time!

Andrea

ShoppePro
01-27-2009, 04:57 PM
LOL, no worries. Not everyone reads every post in each topic. Just thought I'd point that out. :) ;)

ADRY
01-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Ok. So I am thinking that the "go to payments" option doesn't say paypal on it.
By removing that option do you that would slow down sales?

dollygirl
01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
There is no option for sales tax for in-state sales. How would you do this?

ShoppePro
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Ok. So I am thinking that the "go to payments" option doesn't say paypal on it.
By removing that option do you that would slow down sales?

Adry, no, it doesn't say Paypal. But upon inspecting your Mal's account in response to your ticket, you don't have Paypal enabled anyway.

ShoppePro
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
There is no option for sales tax for in-state sales. How would you do this?

There is a place for sales tax within your Google Checkout account somewhere.

dollygirl
01-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Found the sales tax in google. I used it and it worked also! Thanks a lot!

AC
03-21-2009, 05:21 PM
I thought I set this up correctly but my site does not show up as accepting Google Checkout when I do a search. Is there a waiting period before it shows up? I signed up mid Feb.

Also, when I signed up for Checkout was I suppose to use the same password as the one for my regular google acct (the one I use for submitting sitemap for regular google search and datafeed for google base)?

If someone purchases an item, purchase page does show PayPal and Google Checkout now so I know I've done some of this the way I should have. Any help would be appreciated.

strandedtreasures
06-12-2010, 12:37 PM
I have a question- because it's integrating with Mal's Cart, do I need to fill in the shipping/cancellation/return etc. policies in google? or will shoppers see the info I had set up in Mal's Cart? I also use Paypal/credit cards.

strandedtreasures
06-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Do I have to fill in the google Return/Cancellation/Shipping policies or will it default to the policies I input in my Mal's Cart account?

PrairieGirl
08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Not available to Canadians by the looks of it :-[